A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ancient Manuscript Review 10 : Al Azkar Imam Nawawi ( 667 AH )






This is a book titled Al Azkar written by Imam Nawawi. The text was written on thick old Arabic paper in Sudani script. I couldn't confirm the origin of this manuscript however this script is very popular in West Africa. I purchased this manuscript from a friend in Lebanon. All pages are loose and originally without cover.

Manuscript Specs

Item : A complete Al Azkar An Nawawi
Content : Prayers book
Dim : 8" x 6" x 1"
Date : 667 AH ( 1268 CE)was written on the last page however this date is copied from the original manuscript. Since the origin of this manuscript from Africa, I believe this manuscript was copied few centuries later.
Copyist : anonymous
Origin : Probably West Africa
Calligraphy : Sudani
Design : Text written in Sudani script on Arabic paper without vowel & diacritical signs. Some words in red. 25 lines per page. Loose pages. Wrapped with leather cover.
Purchased Price :USD

No comments:

Post a Comment