A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Monday, November 21, 2011

Book Review 06 : Turkish Calligraphy - materials, tools & forms by M. Sinasi Acar


Book Info :

Title : Turkish Calligraphy - materials, tools & forms
Author : M Sinasi Acar
Publisher : Antik AS Kultur Yakinlari
Printer : Promat AS Istanbul
Pages : 305 pages
ISBN : 975-7843-03-2



Review:

This is so far in my opinion the best book in illustrating the tools required to be a calligrapher also used by Ottoman calligraphers. Countelss of colorful pictures showing the equipment & calligraphy.it explains in details how Ottoman calligraphers produced Hilye, Ferman, etc. Again the part that interest me is a details explanation in preparing the calligraphy for Quran mushaf. The book was printed in Bilingual - English & Turkish. I purchased this book in Istanbul in 2007 for USD90.

No comments:

Post a Comment