A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Antique Manuscript Review 126 : Antique Indian Sanskrit Manuscript ( 19th Century)





This is a very interesting type of manuscript which I purchased from India. It was written in Devanari script in black & red.
I dont have much information of this kind of manuscript and its writing tradition. I need to do more research on this manuscript and will update this entry later.

Manuscript Specs

Item : Sanskrit Manuscript
Content :  Unknown
Dim : 7" x 5" x 0.5"
Date : 18-19th century
Copyist : anonymous
Origin :  India
Calligraphy : Devanagari
Design : Written in Devamagari scripts in black & red
Purchased Price :US

2 comments:

  1. I RAJNISH KHOSLA CALLED MANUSCRIPT MAN [REFER GOOGLE MANUSCRIPT MAN RAJNISH ], HAVE A MANY MANUSCRIPTS OF SUCH TYPE , AND HAVE OFFERED THE SAME TO VARIOUS RELIGIOUS PLACES OF HINDUS , MUSLIMS AND SIKHS , AS IN MY VIEW THE VERY HERITAGE SHOULD BE SAVED .USUALLY SUCH MANUSCRIPTS HAVE CONTENTS WITH THE NATURAL COLORS BEING FORMED WITH FLOWERS EXTRACTS .. IT IS A NICE COLLECTION BEING RELATED TO WORLD'S OLDEST LIVING CIVILIZATION .

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS AN ANCIENT SANSKRIT LANGUAGE MANUSCRIPT AND IT STARTS READING FROM LEFT TO RIGHT, AND HAS BEEN KEPT OPENED ON WRONG SIDE.IT SEEM VERY ANCIENT FROM WRITING STYLE AND THE COLORFUL DEPICTION MAKES IT DISTINCT AND BEING ON ANY IMPORTANT SUBJECT AS I MAY INFORM LATER ON . RAJNISH KHOSLA

    ReplyDelete