A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Ancient Artifact Review 48 : Rare Huge Antique Islamic Silver Inlaid Brass Qalamdan Pen Box Inkwell



This is an old Persian Brass case ( Qalamdan) which measures  320mm long 40mm in thickness. It is beautifully inlaid with silver in arabic inscriptions..
It is a rare findings and I saw it was sold in Ebay for about USD1000.


Dim : 320mm x 40mm
Date : 19th Century CE ( Persia)
Material : Brass with silver inlaid
Origin : Persia

No comments:

Post a Comment