A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Monday, September 7, 2015

Ancient Manuscript Review 165 : Antique Armenian Turkish Poetry Manuscript ( 19th Century)





This is a manuscript handwritten in modern Armenian script. To be honest I dont have any clue what the content is. I acquired this manuscript together with my other Syriac Manuscripts from Diyarbakir.
I believe this is not a manuscript on Christianity. The way it was written as if it was a poetry manuscript. One of the visitors here has written to me confirming that this manuscript contains poems written in Armenian script but in Turkish language.There are few pages with some hand drawings of a guy in a uniform probably military attire. I welcome any comment on this manuscript.

Manuscript Specs

Item : A handwritten Armenian Manuscript
Content : Poetry in Turkish language
Dim : 180 x 100 mm
Date : undated but estimated 19th Century
Copyist : anonymous
Origin : Diyerbakir
Calligraphy: Armenian
Design : Note paper
Purchased Price :USD

No comments:

Post a Comment